cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting the user in the active directory

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

Will the user be deleted from the Unity user profile When the user is deleted from the exchange mail store/profile?

Basically, we have a company rule to delete the user account and exchange mailbox after 90 days. If I leave alone the unity user profile, will it be deleted too when the user is deleted from the exchange mailbox / user account?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you're talking about 3 different systems that work together, but deleting a user in 1 does not magically deletes all reference to it in the other 2

AD

Unity

Exchange

If you delete AD/Exchange the Unity user will remain until you delete it (obviously it won't work).

You can remove the AD but leave the Exchange mailbox and Unity. And you'll need to delete them manually. Again subscriber won't work

You can delete the subscriber and AD/Exchange will remain working.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. When you delete from AD, it will remove from Unity.

This is correct, when you delete an Active Directory user account, a deleted object tombstone is left behind. Cisco Unity's directory monitors should detect the object has been deleted and remove the object from the Cisco Unity database.

That would be seems to be correct. I have about 50 users that are no longer with the company. I have not deleted from the Unity but these users have been removed from AD WHICH INCLUDE the exchange mailbox.

So I was planning to remove them from Unity today and found out that the users are no longer in the Unity.

Is this by default? Or my unity was setup like this.

This is by default and is expected behavior.

I have another unity system. The same version 5.0. But this system will not delete the unity user profile when we delete it from exchange.

It will still show in the Unity system. We cannot delete it from Web/Sa but we can delete it from Unity Tools depot.

It is kind of annoying. Can someone show me how to fix this? or any documentation that i can read?

Anyone know how to fix this issue so once we delete from the AD it will also delete it from Unity?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: