CBT Nuggets CCENT, is it enough?

Unanswered Question
Aug 19th, 2009

I am new to Cisco but already hold several entry level certs, such as comptia's A+, Net+, MCP, ext.

I have been studying for the Cisco CCENT using the CBT Nuggets material. I think the material is presented great and I understand it! My major concern is that I also purchased a text book; "CCENT Study Guide" by Todd Lammle published by SYBEX. This textbook seems to contain TONS of material not included in the CBT Nuggets material. Do any of you have experience taking the exam only preparing with the CBT Nuggets material? Also the concepts presented in the SYBEX textbook seem very confusing. The subnetting has concepts that appear extremely hard and different than from CBT Nuggets. Will I be in good shape with just using CBT Nuggets to prepare for the exam?

I am new to the forum and would appreciate any advice.

Thank you,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
prestonhartley Mon, 08/31/2009 - 14:10

I just recently took the CCENT and I used the CBT Nuggets and practiced on a couple of routers and switches. I also bought the Cisco Press book, which I did not care for at all. The only thing that wasn't really covered in the nuggets or the book that I noticed was frame relay. So use the CBT Nuggets, learn about frame relay and practice subnetting.

a.vorster Thu, 10/22/2009 - 02:32

Hey Mike,

I recently passed my ICND1 & 2 using the CBT ino nuggets. I can recomend it yes. I would suggest getting some tests to work out before you go write though... Nothing you can study can prepare you for the actual exam (and I'm not talking about the knowledge - the actual exam, writing it, how it works etc.).

getting some practice exams will just up your chances of passing.

I'm thinking of doing all my courses and certification using CBT... It really worked for me.

hope this helps ;)

André . :

This Discussion