Views
Helpful
Replies

Impossible to see Device in map after upgrade Supervisor

martinez.david2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

That's impossible for my client to see a device in the topology after the supervisor upgrade (SUP2 to SUP4 - C4506). For a other device, all is alright but ncecore-clb1-01, that's NOK. When i change the @IP, we can see in the map (but i cant change device IP address).

In this case, when i delete this device in Common Service. I think it save in other module. What is the process to delete completely a device in all the module. In the procedure, Administering Campus Manager.pdf, the command is DeleteDevice but this order does not function in the directory CSCOpx\Campus\bin.

Thanks a lot.

David

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Perhaps something changed in the device config, and it is no longer SNMP-reachable. According to the NOK screenshot, Campus isn't even managing the device. An upgrade wouldn't have removed the device from Campus Manager, so you should also check your Data Collection filters under Campus Manager > Administration > Data Collection > Mode and Policy Settings. If there server is integrated with ACS, make sure ACS is configured properly when it comes to Campus Manager.

To remove a device completely from LMS, go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, and delete it from there.

To remove a device completely from LMS, go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, and delete it from there --> NOK

SNMP is OK. Why, when i modify the IP, all is OK?? Where and how can I use the command DeleteDevice??

David

What do you mean, NOK for deleting the device from DCR? Did you get an error?

I cannot say why changing the IP works. My guess is that Campus sees the device as a new device, then manages it. What exactly do you do within LMS when you change the device's IP.

The DeleteDevice command is for Campus Manager only, and it is found under NMSROOT/campus/bin. It's a Perl script, so it is run as:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/campus/bin/DeleteDevice -device DEVICE -user USER -password PASSWORD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: