Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 Guest termination Tunnel

oguarisco
Level 3
Level 3

Hi to all,

I've a question regarding Guest Wireless Access: can the WLC5508 do Guest Termination Tunnel as they do the WLC440X??? I suppose yes...or better say I hope yes

What about the AP support? Can I mix as is possible with the 440X where the internal WLC are licensed for 50 AP and the external one for only 12???

Thanks for a feedback!

2 Replies 2

CFayNTAdmin83
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you're running into the same project as me. I have all 4402's and was considering upgrading to a 5508 for our headquarters. This happens to be our guest anchor as well. To ensure that mobility will work, which is a requirement for guest, carefully read the version 6 release notes. In a nutshell though, I've found that this will work with 4.2 code and up to version 6 on a 5508. I'd check the release notes to be exactly sure of the 4.2 release though. 4.2.205.0 has been working well for me. I don't have our 5508 yet, but I'll provide an update once it gets here. In a perfect world, having the same version 6 release on the 4402's and the 5508 will ensure you don't have anchor / mobility problems.

As far as the different AP licenses go on the controllers, this will only affect the size of the network you can have at each site (because it restricts the number of AP's, ie. 25 versus 12). You can definitely use guest on a 50 AP controller with a 12AP controller at the other site. They don't have to match...

Hi

Thnx for the useful information...

Yes we're running more or less in the same project...

One of our customer has 2x "internal" WLC (50APs each one) and one DMZ-WLC (12APs), all based on 4402 HW platform with SW Release 5.2 and the infrastructure is working great!

Now we've to plan the same infrastructure for another customer and obviously I'll implement the new 5508 WLC (2x WLC internal and 1 WLC DMZ)... so basically with the same AP differentiated internal-DMZ support as the "old" 4402...

Thanks

Best Regards

Omar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card