Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.X HA solution, Is this possible

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I have a customer who wants to deploy UCCX across different geographic sites for DR purposes. We have informed the customer that this is not supported by cisco. However the customer has come back asking if its possible to have a HA solution in on sit and then a spare "Cold standby solution in another site"

Question is will this work? I cant see how a configuration taken from a HA cluster can be restored to a stand alone server!!!

Please rate all useful posts
4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cold standby is supported and documented in the SRND for CCX. This will be discontinued in 8.0 however as high availability over the WAN will be supported at that time. If the customer can wait, I would hold off until 8.0 due out early 2010.

Note that the 8.0 HA model will require very similar bandwidth/delay/jitter/reliability as UCM HA requires. Final documentation has not been released so there are no final numbers yet.

It looks like the clustering over the WAN did not make it into version 8.0.

Hi

HAoWAN is in 8.0 (possibly worth posting on the Ask the Expert thing Ryan LeFountain is doing at the moment for more info/confirmation).

Some info I've seen:

- Requirements I've seen are 80ms RTT, 3Mb BW (variable based on usage blah blah)

- Support for re-election of a master when the system goes active/active (due to a partitioned cluster during WAN failures).

- Apparently you must select 'WAN' as the deployment type when setting up the second node

- Various other things changed here and there so you can use local resources for each server, have local 'locations' setting etc in CCM.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I apologize for my inaccurate comment. It was actually our Cisco SE that claimed the feature HAoWAN did not make it in versin 8.0. The release notes for UCCX 8.0 just came out and it does mention this feature.

Thanks Aaron. Stars for you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: