Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to stop Cisco Unity Service to apply MS Hotfix bundle

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest Cisco patch bundle for Unity (Updates Wizard). Im following the installation instructions, and one of the steps states: "If you are running the wizard on a Cisco Unity server: Use the Cisco Unity tray icon to stop the Cisco Unity software"

On the DC in our Unity cluster i have tried to stop the Unity service by using the tray icon. I select "Stop Unity" and it turns into a red arrow pointing down. 5 secs later, it is back to the Unity icon with a green tick. I checked MS Services tab and all the Unity services are still running....

Is there anyway to disable Unity so i can apply the latest Updates Wizard? Can the Wizard be safely run if Unity is still running?

Its late and i cant progress any further, so i will have to attempt this work later in the month lol

Any assistance with stopping the Unity service appreciated :o)

Thanks

NB - i have tried to stop the service on the DC via the tray icon. I assume this is possible? The other server is merely a member server that acts as a backup if the DC/message store fails. Thus i have shut the other server down, and was planning to patch the DC first, let it reboot, then restart the member server so authentication works, and then patch it.

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can stop the AvCsGateway process which will stop AvCsMgr and all the dependent services.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Open up a DOS prompt.

2. Navigate to the commserver directory.

i.e. d:\cd commserver

3. kill av*.*

This will stop Unity.

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

This will happen if you are logged in to the computer with an account that does not have rights to stop the services. Try logging in as your admin/install account.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: