CCENT Weighting of Question Types

Unanswered Question
Aug 20th, 2009
User Badges:

From what I understand so far, the 640-822, ICND Exam consists of approximately 30% subnetting exams as well as being able to pass 4/5 simulations. Does anyone have an exact breakdown of the weighting? I'm fully aware that the passing score is a secret, etc. I really just want to know the percentage of question types..

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
crow930us Fri, 08/21/2009 - 04:50
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

There isn't any breakdowns that I have ever seen. Partially because one question might cover several topics. Keep in mind that Cisco has to limit the number of simulations & testlets to leave enough time for the other questions.

Good luck on the exam.

Scott Swist Mon, 08/24/2009 - 17:08
User Badges:

I would suggest heavily studing subnetting as almost every question involves it in some way or shape not just knowing how to do it but how to do it quickly the biggest obstacle with this exam is the time constraints I finished with only a few minutes left...also you will need a solid undestanding of this for the ICND 2.

Good luck with your test!

punitchhabra Mon, 08/24/2009 - 20:07
User Badges:

Thanks for the heads-up. To follow up, I'm able to answer 10 in a row correctly pretty quickly for both sub netting quizzes at gt-solutions.com. So I feel like I have a firm grasp of what they ask in their quizzes. Can you give me a generic example of different ways subnetting material is covered? For example, are there a lot of q's with diagrams. Also, are a lot of the questions shown in pure binary format? Pure binary is one thing I have not focused on enough. I'm guessing the Cisco binary quiz is the best route..

Scott Swist Tue, 08/25/2009 - 18:18
User Badges:

Not alot in pure binary but definitely good knowledge to have going into the test....If you have a good grasp on subnet questions you'll do fine...sometimes the questions aren't directly about subnetting but you need it to arrive at the correct answer...

This site helped me alot.

http://www.subnettingquestions.com/

If you're getting the answers(with no subnet calculator of course)in about a minute then you're well on you way. This book was also a great help.

ISBN # 0071591141 / 9780071591140

Preparing with these things helped me pass with a 930/1000.

Try it out & Good luck!

howtonetwork Tue, 08/25/2009 - 23:52
User Badges:

You will never know the weighting for sure but my two cents is that it really doesn't matter because in the exam your aim is to get every question right and not just the ones you think are scored highly.

Remember that some of the questions carry no marks because Cisco run tests on new types of question. Just focus on doing your level best.

I have written an article which I think covers your question:

www.howtonetwork.net/public/1194.cfm')">http://www.howtonetwork.net/public/1194.cfm

There are loads of subnetting videos on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4n2Ofqr6QY

Cheers

Paul Browning

www.howtonetwork.net

punitchhabra Wed, 08/26/2009 - 05:49
User Badges:

Paul,

I fully agree. What I was alluding to as well is that the weighting of questions obviously represents technology/concepts that Cisco deems critical to success.

Knowing how to subnet is not the issue here. My interest is learning about the various ways the questions could potentially be asked on the exam. I'm definitely not going to purchase the "cheats" that are out there. That is only hurting my own career and the credibility of my eventual employer.

Thanks you very much for your reply. Excellent information.

Punit

Actions

This Discussion