Views
Helpful
Replies

have problem with update AsyncOS

We have proxy ISA 2006
and we have Ironport C150
ISA proxy authenticated users
but when i fill field parametrs user and password
our proxy logs showed not authorize /// user:anonymouse connect to update server.
Im reading about password policy not supprted symbol"#"

help me pls ...

4 Replies 4

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i'm not sure i understand the issue fully, but if you are setting up a proxy server, make sure to configure all the necessary fields (such as username and password) and commit the changes afterwards.

if you are still having trouble, perhaps you could include: 1) a copy of your XML config file, 2) a piece of your proxy logs to illustrate the failure, and 3) include any relevant information from "updater_logs" and "system_logs" during an attempted update.

thanks,

andrew

hello
where can I found xml file log etc??

tnk

Rayman_Jr
Level 1
Level 1

You can get copy of XML config file via email by giving 'mailconfig' CLI command or get it saved into /configuration directory of your appliance by giving 'saveconfig' CLI command.

It might be also good to temporarily increase the log level of updater_logs and system_logs for troubleshooting (can be done via GUI 'System Administration -> Log Subscription or CLI command logconfig)

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm not sure what you meant with

password policy not supprted symbol"#" "

is there a # char in your PW or do you mean something else?

A few tips:
1) Did you try to enter your username just plain or in the domainname\userID style? The latter should normally work.
2) Try to use a userID and PW that only exists of "normal" chars (a-z/A-Z/0-9). If you Windows password policy do not allow those simple passwords, get in contact with your NT Adminteam and ask if you can get an exception for a short while. Within that short period you can use a "simple" PW and verify if the complex chars in your PW are the problem or not. (If these chars appear to be the problem, please raise a support case to find out what chars are accepted).
3) make sure you use the correct TCP port for connecting to your proxy
4) make sure the proxy does allow large (enough) files. The Ironport updates can be quite large; some AV scanning add-on products might block this.
5) Ask you proxy admin to check his log files. Maybe some useful info can be found there.

Hope this helps!

Steven