Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to change SMTP IP address in Common Services 3.2

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am unable to change SMTP IP address specified in Common Services > system preferences. Please advise.

Thanks and Regards

YS

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Back up your previous file.

stop services (net stop crmdmgtd, assuming you are on windows)

copy over new file

start services (net start crmdmgtd on the MS DOS CLI)

It's better to copy over this file with the fix, instead of editing yours. It's a very sensitive file and any format error or typo may corrupt the xml schema.

View solution in original post

You shouldn't need to. Once you replace the regdaemon.xml file with the one I posted, you should be able to change the SMTP server from the GUI.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Is the option grayed out? What are the symptoms?

Screenshot?

Is this CSM or LMS install?

Do you mean that you type it in and when you click, it comes back to the previous entry, after changes were successful?

In that case, post :

regdaemon.xml file from NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml.

Hi Lucien,

This problem occurred on LMS 3.1 Common Services 3.2. I have posted the screen shots in the word file. As you can see, the SMTP IP address still goes back to the old one after I have changed it to the new one.

In the regdaemon.xml file, smtp server IP Address is the new one. However, when I tried to do device discovery to trigger email notification, there is error to send out the email. I suspect the problem lies on this. Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Yi Shyuan

Replace regdaemon.xml with this version after backing it up, then restart Daemon Manager.

Thanks, just seen your reply here! =)

I will try it out soon.

Some questions here, can I just changed the SMTP IP address to the new hostname in the regdaemon.xml as posted by you?

Will it cause any disruption to the current one?

What should be the proper way to "replace" the existing version with the above version?

Please advise. Thanks!

Back up your previous file.

stop services (net stop crmdmgtd, assuming you are on windows)

copy over new file

start services (net start crmdmgtd on the MS DOS CLI)

It's better to copy over this file with the fix, instead of editing yours. It's a very sensitive file and any format error or typo may corrupt the xml schema.

You shouldn't need to. Once you replace the regdaemon.xml file with the one I posted, you should be able to change the SMTP server from the GUI.