Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.1.0 Sync Archive problem

dominic.colson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There seems to be issue with the Sync Archive of the devices. I have LMS3.0 windows version installed.The problem is the Sync Archive job says successfull but after that if we try to compare the device running config with the Latest Archive, it show the difference in it. Actually it should not show any difference as it is the latest Archived. Is there anything which need to be taken care.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be a known bug. Post a screenshot showing the differences seen in RME.

Hi Joe,

The differences are the commands in the configuration which are actually on the device and not in the configuration archived from RME for that devices. What is the bug you are referring to ? is there any workaround available to reed of the problem.

It's those specific commands in which I am interested. The bug I'm thinking of is CSCsu99748. The workaround is not to use TFTP to fetch the config, but rather something like telnet or SSH.

Hi Joe,

Those commands which are currently missing are the Access-list created for the VTY & SNMP. The access-list are added into the device and shows in the config of the device. These commands does not get updated on the RME view config even after the sync archive is done for that device. And also this device is not marked for the out of sync.

i had viewed that bug id and the problems seems to be different from the one said in the bug. And also it is using the telnet while doing a config Archive and not the TFTP even though it is mentioned as one of the method in Transport Settings for Archive Mgmt.

Without seeing the actual problem, it's very difficult for me to troubleshoot. The problem I mentioned has to do with the way the banner is processed. The bug causes all commands in the config below the banner to always be out of sync. However, if you're already using telnet to fetch the config, then that is not your problem.

If the data is too sensitive to post, I recommend you open a TAC service request. Typically, for this type of problem, I would first want to see the actual diffs. Then, if using telnet, I would like to see a sniffer trace of the sync archive job, and the dcmaservice.log with debugging enabled.