Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricting Remote Access VPN

shijomon scaria
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How can i limit Remote Access VPN users, only to a pariticular ip address in may inside network, say 10.10.10.1

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have an ASA you can simply create a new ACL defining the single inside host to communicate to the network/pool used for the Client VPN users.

You can apply the vpn-filter to the group-policy however doing so all users using that group-policy will inherit that vpn-filter and be restricted to the traffic you have defined within the filter ACL.

If you wish to restrict access for a specific user you can apply that same vpn-filter for that specific user within the user attributes. This filter would not affect connectivity for all of the users connecting to the same group-policy only the user bound to the filter.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

You have multiple options:-

1) Write an ACL that is applied to the VPN client.

2) Allow them all access - and write an acl to be applied to the outbound direction of your inside interface

3) Write an ACL for that 1 device and configure is for split tunneling.

4) Assign a dynamic ACL upon connection (this requires an ACS)

HTH>

You can also try using a vpn-filter which you apply to the group policy. hth

shijomon scaria
Level 1
Level 1

Could you please give some examples to do the same...

Thank You.

If you have an ASA you can simply create a new ACL defining the single inside host to communicate to the network/pool used for the Client VPN users.

You can apply the vpn-filter to the group-policy however doing so all users using that group-policy will inherit that vpn-filter and be restricted to the traffic you have defined within the filter ACL.

If you wish to restrict access for a specific user you can apply that same vpn-filter for that specific user within the user attributes. This filter would not affect connectivity for all of the users connecting to the same group-policy only the user bound to the filter.

Thank you very much jason, i will go for the first option, that will do magic for me..........

Thakns for all who responded on ma query...

Regards,

Shijo.

Hi,

I have configured Remote VPN on outside interface for outside users. Now I want to allow only few IP's to access the Remote VPN so for this, what configuration is required. Pls expain an example if possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card