cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collision errors with hub attached to 3750.

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm getting collisions on a port on my 3750 where a 3com 10/100mb hib is attached. Due to hubs working in half duplex I decided to set the interface to "duplex half" and "speed auto" and the port goes down (no green or amber lights). If I set the interface to "duplex half" "speed 100" I get the same response, as soon as I do a "no duplex" and "no speed" the interface comes back up with and works but with collisons.

i thought setting to half duplex will remove the collisions not the function of the port :/ ?

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"i thought setting to half duplex will remove the collisions not the function of the port :/ ?"

No it wont. If the link is running at half duplex then you will always see collisions. That is the whole idea of using a switch and running full duplex on the links ie. no collisions.

Is there a reason you are connecting hubs to your switches ?

Jon

The single port goes into a test domain running tonens of packet ininstecting tools and sniffers. I span various ports from my stack to this port and the servers on the test domain get the info to analyse.

So a hub on a switch will always see collisions, no probs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: