cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone clicking noise

pcaltagirone22
Level 1
Level 1

I have an new issue with our IP phones at one of our campuses that are making a clicking noise all of a sudden - this site has been up and running on IP phones for over a year and nothing in the configurations have changed. The callers on the remote end do not hear it though. We have Auto QoS in place and have a large metro-e pipe out of this location so i do not think it is QoS related but.......

- any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

2 Replies 2

jaschulz
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago that disabling VAD corrected. Might be worth a try.

Thanks - Actually it was one of the three PRIs trunked into that site. It was showing slips along with tons of input errors and CRCs on the serial interface counters. After getting the LEC on the phone they confirmed that there was an issue at the CO and got it resolved pretty quickly. Until they resolved it I just moved that PRI to the bottom of the outbound Route Group and had the LEC drop it to the bottom on their inbound hunt list to minimize impact

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: