Helpful
Replies

Cannot delete a SEP device

netstar-1
Level 1
Level 1

Have CUCM 6.1.2

When trying to delete an IP phone, get the following:

Delete failed. [10206] Cannot delete a device that is used as a Primary Phone.

Google results indicate that a Softphone is still associated with the IP phone, but that is not the case in my situation. Dis-associated everything between the user and phone. I'm not a CUCM expert by any means and am actually just tasked w/ cleaning up the d-base. Any help would be appreciated.

8 Replies 8

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

If you have dependency records enabled on your CUCM you can click on Dependency records from the Related Links drop down on the Device Page of that phone. That should tell you if anything is depending on that Device such as softphone or UPC. If Dependency records are not enabled you can go to System -> Enterprise Parameters to enable that.

Excellent, thank you very much. Your advice was spot-on.

Thank you. I had this issue also and I forgot that at one time some of the physical phones were associated with old SIP ownerships and had to remove them from there.

s_mcnally
Level 1
Level 1

Just ran into a similar situation on CUCM 8.5.  Dependency records showed no records.  I found the device was referenced in a Phone Template.

This is a sucky limitation of CallManager.  I've ran in a few spots where you just dont see the dependency record.  Last time it happened to me, I couldnt delete a recording profile.  It turned out to be referenced on a few phone lines.  But I have 1000 phones, so it was illogical to try to find it without the dependency records.  So long story short, I called TAC.  They created a SQL query and found the dependency records from the CLI.

ledermanhd
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue running CUCM 8.6.22035-1.

No device associations found.  It's not an individual phone button templante & we don't have dependency records active.

Any suggestions?

Are you sure that an EM profile is not logged in etc?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi:

I ran into this as well.

Under the device information of the CSF/softphone, there is a Primary Phone field that is pointing to the mac address of the physical phone for deskphone mode. If you change this to you will be able to remove the record successfully.

You need to have the enterprise parameter set correctly as mentioned already and when you are on the phone configuration page, and go to dependancy records, you will see the dependancy record show "phone" - click on that and it will bring you to the CSF/softphone page to make the change.

HTH

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: