cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribution of EIGRP Classless into OSPF

davidhuynh5
Level 1
Level 1

I'm learning how to redistribute EIGRP into OSPF. I have three routers: eigrp---eigrp/ospf----ospf (see attachment).

After configuring eigrp into OSPF, I run #show ip route on the ospf router, the eigrp routes shows up as O, E1 routes. Why can't I ping any addresses on the eigrp router from my ospf router(192.168.0.2, 7.7.7.7, 8.8.8.8, 9.9.9.9)? Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For your scenario, as all you have single point of redistribution with two routing domains, EIGRP and OSPF, and absolutely no other redistribution happening anywhere else, just use simple 2-way redistribution on router 'eigrp-ospf'; no route-maps or adminitrative distance change.

router eigrp 1

redistribute ospf 2020

default-metric (bandwidth)10000 (delay)100 (reliablity)255 (load)1 (mtu)1500

Also I can see that you are advertising 192.168.x.x network through both protocols. You should just let EIGRP to advertise it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

yagnesh_tel
Level 1
Level 1

This is because you are not doing mutual redistribution. EIGRP is distributed into OSPF but OSPF is not getting distributed into EIGRP.

As a result, 'EIGRP' router is not learning any prefixes of 'OSPF' router. and it will drop any ping packets coming from OSPF router as it has no routes in its routing table for those prefixes.

Yagnesh.

Based on the configuration in the attachment can you give me a config to redistribue ospf into eigrp? Sorry, I'm new at redistribution. Thanks.

For your scenario, as all you have single point of redistribution with two routing domains, EIGRP and OSPF, and absolutely no other redistribution happening anywhere else, just use simple 2-way redistribution on router 'eigrp-ospf'; no route-maps or adminitrative distance change.

router eigrp 1

redistribute ospf 2020

default-metric (bandwidth)10000 (delay)100 (reliablity)255 (load)1 (mtu)1500

Also I can see that you are advertising 192.168.x.x network through both protocols. You should just let EIGRP to advertise it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: