cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardcode Speed Duplex with Phone?

townofnewmarket
Level 1
Level 1

3560 with 7940 and PC hanging off 7940. PC is experiencing some pretty bad slowness often. Should I hardcode the speed and duplex on the 3560 port?? Would it mess up the phone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Doug,

verify what is doing the phone when the PC has slow connectivity we have seen that if the phone registers/deregisters often the downstream PC can suffer of this.

I wouldn't hardcode the speed and duplex because there is no way to configure the phone.

Look also at the 3560 logs to see if there are messages about POE events related to the port where the phone connects to.

Also we had few cases of phones with a no working PC port.

If you have a chance connect the same PC to the PC port of another phone in the same room and see if the behaviour changes.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Doug,

verify what is doing the phone when the PC has slow connectivity we have seen that if the phone registers/deregisters often the downstream PC can suffer of this.

I wouldn't hardcode the speed and duplex because there is no way to configure the phone.

Look also at the 3560 logs to see if there are messages about POE events related to the port where the phone connects to.

Also we had few cases of phones with a no working PC port.

If you have a chance connect the same PC to the PC port of another phone in the same room and see if the behaviour changes.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have 2 issues here . How is the phone set, that guides what you do with the switch, if the phone is auto then the switch must be auto. My guess is it is auto . The second issue is the pc connection on the phone is probably auto so if for some reason the pc nic card was hardcoded at some point then this will also cause issues. Make sure the pc nic is auto also.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco