cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.x speech to text

youssef.shaaban
Level 1
Level 1

is there is a way to configure speech to text in unity connection.

what i want is when user hear his messages in outlook via TTS he can reply with voice message and this voice message to be transferred to text mail?

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Speech to Text functionality is coming in Connection 8.0 that's heading into EFT next month. The set of features around the STT engine for 8.0 is based on subscribers being able to have voice messages left for them transcribed to text for notification/review purposes (i.e. a voice mail gets left for you and a few minutes later you can get an SMS text with the text of that message for review).

In your scenario if the user the subscriber is replying to was another subscriber and they were configured for STT it would work more or less like this.

Jeff - will that also work for messages being delivered to an exchange mailbox? or anyplans for that feature in an up coming release of Unity?

Also any information regarding support for Exchange 2010?

Only voice messages that come to Connection's MTA will get relayed to the STT service so, no, messages in remote mailstores (i.e. Exchange) with WAV attachments wont get sent for transcription.

I don't believe Unity is going to provide this functionality, only Unity Connection.

I know IMAP logins for 2010 are being tested - I can't speak to other 2010 support (i.e. Unity being able to use 2010 as a native store repository - this will depend on support for MAPI from MS I suspect).

Sounds like a cool feature. Will it only work with US English (similar to the ASR in version 7) or will other languages be supported? - UK English is my particular interest.

English will be the only language supported at first, however the partner we're working with for the STT transcription will support additional languages moving forward - I don't have a time frame at this point but I'm assuming it'll be done as other language support is as follow on releases to 8.0.

I have looked at the Unity Connection 8.0 Datasheet now that it's release and there is No mention of the "Speech to Text" feature as described in this discussion.

Could someone please verify if the Speech to Text feature exisits or if it has been dropped from the product.

Thanks

Omid

osabeti
Level 1
Level 1

I have looked at the Unity Connection 8.0 Datasheet now that it's release and there is No mention of the "Speech to Text" feature as described in this discussion.

Could someone please verify if the Speech to Text exisits or if it has been dropped from the product.

Thanks

Omid

In Unity Connection 8 there is a feature called SpeechView this sounds like what you might be looking for.

Here is the release note:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/release/notes/802cucrn.html#wp649045

Look under:

SpeechView  Transcriptions of Voice Messages

Hope that's what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Scott