Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Topology Services - Unable to launch application

tech_trac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am unable to start the topology services module. I says I should install java 1.6.0.11. I have currently 1.6.0.3.

I installed 1.6.0.11 but unable to point to the latest version. The environment variable 'PATH' has been set to C:/Proram Files/Java/jre6/bin

What is the way to point to higher version of java in Windows Server 2003 OS.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do this in the Java control panel under the Java tab under Java Application Runtime Settings. However, LMS prior to 3.2 was very particular about Java. You may find you need to uninstall all versions of Java from the client, then install the JVM from the LMS server. This is a special JVM which includes the necessary CORBA classes required by Campus Manager. The LMS JVM should automatically install when you try to launch Topology Services without any Java installed.

I have installed the version with cobra class i.e. ..._withjacorb.exe

When I do java -version on dos prompt, I see version 1.6.0_11

Yet when I launch topology services, it says Unable to Launch Application.

The error detail is

Could Not Load File/URL Specified: C:\.............\Temporary internet files\Content.IE5\2ZQC4U70\Topology_Services[1].jnlp

This may be an IE security/cache issue. Can you try with Firefox to rule out a server problem?

It worked with Firefox.

Secondly, I checked thru other post and cleared JAVA and IE cache and IE worked as well.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: