Unable to get ip address from DHCP server for Aironet 1130AG Access Point

Unanswered Question
Aug 24th, 2009

I have a network in which DHCP server is enabled. I have read the installation guide also there it is mentioned that 1130G Access point will not have any staic ip assigned to it.So it will automatically get the ip from the DHCP server from the network. I have connected that from the network but it is unable to get the ip address from the same. The same thing i have configured in the netgear it is coming fine. I have seen the sonic wall and used the IPSU tool also from checking the ip address from Mac Address but i am not able to get the same. Please provide me some tips to check where i am wrong in configuration because the first web page also not coming because of the ip address.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Swist Mon, 08/24/2009 - 16:45

narendra,

I would suggest that the AP be connected to a laptop or desktop pc that would run a local dhcp server with a small scope setup...plenty of free ones on the web(this pc would obviously not be connected to your currnet network). This way you can watch the dhcp server hand the AP it's address (this can take a few minutes). Once you have the address use it to access the GUI and give the AP a static address (I find it good pratice to give all my autonomous AP's static addresses for ease of troubleshooting)...Hope that helps.

Actions

This Discussion