Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2(1) Server w/Exchange 2003. Adding new Exchange 2003 Enterprise Sv

5twehr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've got a site with a Unity 4.2(1) server and they're close to a storage limitation on standard exchange. Their mailstore needs to go beyond 100Gb and they've added a 2003 Enterprise server to do so.

Same AD, no mailboxes moved yet. They want to stagger the mailbox moves over a week or so.

Running new Password Wizard, moving the Unity_servername account to new Exchange server, Message Store Wizard all went fine. However - before moving a user's mailbox it would take a message but not deliver it or set the MWI.

Is it possible to have one Unity server service two Exchange 2003 servers in the same AD/Domain/LAN? Do all the subscriber mailboxes have to be on one Exchange server?

Thanks,

Tim Wehr

4 Replies 4

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Note: If you're moving the Unity_servername you need to re-run MSCW from add/remove program to re-home to the new Exchange server.

See link here -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge050.html#wp1158133

Is it possible to have one Unity server service two Exchange 2003 servers in the same AD/Domain/LAN? Yes. When you run PW, did you select the new mailstore also the wizard can give perm to.

Do all the subscriber mailboxes have to be on one Exchange server? No.

Before moving the mailbox on Exchange, it's a good idea to do a bulk logout using this utility -

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_bulk_logout_utility_30.htm

Thanks for the reply. The move of the Unity_servername user was done then we re-ran the MSCW. Note this is 4.2(1) and not 5x

I haven't seen that logout tool. I'll check it out.

Tim

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tim,

Provided you ran Permissions Wizard selecting the new mail server, and delegated permissions successfully to UnityDirSvc and UnityInstall, Unity will have access to that server/mail stores.

Brad

Thanks Brad,

I've reran the Permissions Wizard a few times and made sure it was the latest version. The permissions are delegated in their Exchange environment.

Still had the issue though of voicemails not being delivered. I have a TAC case and they're saying I can't service two Exchange servers with subscriber mailboxes on both. Didn't seem right.

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: