cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Toolkit Agent Desktop

rrdumag67
Level 1
Level 1

We'd like to add the Chat tool/icon on the Agent Desktop. I know it's a checkbox but where in ICM is it located? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

12 Replies 12

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

What desktop exactly are you referring to? Do you mean the CTIOS Soft Phone?

Regards,

Geoff

Yes. Thanks.

Chat is normally active. Perhaps someone disabled it through the registry. Check the CTIOS registry on the servers. Search for "AgentChatLevel".

If this is the string "Disabled", then change it. Here are your choices for this STRING value.

Disabled=All agent chat disabled.

PrimarySupervisor=Agents can chat only with primary supervisor of their team.

TeamSupervisors=Agents can chat with the primary or secondary supervisor of their team.

Team=Agents can chat with anyone in team.

Unrestricted=Agents can chat with anyone on the same peripheral

Regards,

Geoff

Will give it a shot and let you know. Thanks Geoff!

Sorry it's been so long, but we are again looking at the issue with the chat button being disabled (greyed out) on the agents including supervisors.

The issue is only affecting our Los Angeles call center.  Our Sacramento call center is fine.

We checked the registry settings on the serves and the AgentChatLevel is set to TeamSupervisors and the SupervisorChatLevel is set to Unrestricted.

Any other registry settings I should look at?  Thanks!

Do the LA PCs have a firewall on?

david

Firewall is off.  We are also using version 7.2 of the CTIOS Desktop Agent.

Are these agents connecting to the same CTIOS server as other agents? Are they using a customized CTIOS desktop? Did you check the registry settings on both side A and side B? Try cycling the CTIOS servers to make sure the changes are processed.

Yes, all agents point to the same A and B servers.  Both A and B side servers have the same registry settings. Servers have been cycled few times.

This doesn't make sense.  Can you start with a laptop in Sacramento where you've verified that chat work, then ship that laptop to LA and test chat?

david

We can try that.  What I did too was logged in using one of LA's supervisor and agent account on a SAC pc and chat was enabled.  I've asked the LA IT staff to verify if the issue is affecting all or certain users.  Will keep you posted.  Thank you for your responses!

Chat is working in our LA office.  We removed/re-added the registry settings then rebooted the server in LA.  That was it.

Thank you guys for your replies and comments!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: