Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 - 4 FXO PSTN ports Lines - Need CLI to show as main number

jpotamitis1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have UC500 with 4 FXO PSTN port lines (Australia) , is it possible to change the CLI so no matter what trunk is used the main number will go out as a CLI?

thanks.

6 Replies 6

This cannot be done on our side, it is a parameter controlled by your Telco. The line you connect to an FXO port is the same you would connect to an analog phone at home. With your home phone, you cannot affect caller ID in any way. Same thing in the case of a PBX connected to these CO lines.

Thanks,

Marcos

Thanks Marcos.

In speaking to this client what the customer wants is to be able have the trunks in the trunk group dial out in a predetermined order. E.G FXO 1 always first then FX0 2 etc.

The client also wants to have one of the FX0 lines not included in this trunk group and for a group of phones to only access this FX0 when they dial out.

How can this be done please

How can this be done please

The system would normaly work on a sequintial order by looking at the idle of a port, the only way i am aware of this happening is by possibly using the core list which can be done using CCA, by using the core list you could possibly restrict a certain group to only use one particular port, but i suspect that a certain portion of this would require CLI configuration to do some manipluation that might go outside of the realms of CCA.

Come to think of it there could be more then one way, but those ways i am thinking of would require some heavy CLI work and some unusual work arounds, i certainly think it is a possability, but since not having done it before it would first need to be worked up on a LAB system to verify the best way to do it and also test its functionality.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

You can control the trunk selection order using CCA by selecting Configure > Telephony > Dial Plan > Outgoing > PSTN Trunk Groups.  Selection algorithms include sequential, round robin, LRU, etc.

For the second requirement - having a group of phones always use a specific FXO line for their calls, the easiest solution might be to allocate that line as a CO line and assign it as a button on those phones (possibly even the first button if appropriate).  That way all calls placed would use only that line.

Alternatively, create a second trunk group and a second set of route patterns pointing to that trunk group.

Cheers,

Dave.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John/Fred,

The only real way to do this is to get the carrier to make sure that any calls that go out on any line displays the primary lines CLI.

However to do the above this would assume that you have setup Hunting on the line, Rotary may not do this so you need to make sure it is Hunting.

You can do CLI overstamping on the Cisco, this is possible, however it would only work if the the carrier supported it and have only so far got it to work using a SIP trunk.

Speak to the carrier find out what features they support, and enable the ones you want, but also keep in mind that Primary CLI displaying may cost the client as well on a monthly basis.

Cheers,

David

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: