- Gold, 750 points or more
Cisco Designated VIP,
2013 Small Business
Hi Cisco Team,
I think i may havr discovered a bug today which will put a damper on our client, i will do my best to lay it out below.
- 2800 series (Tested on this one as well)
Soft Phone Client:
- Cisco CIPC version 126.96.36.199
- MeetMe Conferencing (Adhoc is not affected by this)
- Call Center, all staff using the CIPC on their system
- VPN client used from Remote site to Cisco system
- Each CIPC is restricted to G.729r8 Codec (Bandwidth Reduction measures)
- Conference Admin User can initiate the conference, but is unable to hang up or exit the conference on the CIPC, however the system does tare the conference down, just that the CIPC locks up and thinks it is still within the conference, no buttons respond, speaker phone can be pressed and the light goes out, but the phone keeps on ticking over as if it was still in the Conference.
- Occassionaly it can be exited, however that has to be done immediatly, if another participant joins and any options are chosen such as ConfLst then the phone will not leave the conference (Again only on the phone itself, the system has cleared it).
- MeetMe is setup as Participants can continue even after Admin has left, Conf clears down once all participants leave, but the soft phones continue to hang
Notes: It should be noted that all users are on CIPC except 2 phones which are hard phones, these two phones are not affected by this problem only the CIPC is. Testing was carried out on two devices, UC-500 and 2800 series, both had the same problem with the CIPC not clearing the call.
Once in the conference as well, no CIPC including the Admin one can perform any functions such as remove someone or see who is in the session, all phones lock up the features but the buttons are not greyed out so you can press them.
The ephone-template is setup word for word as per the Cisco Guide, so this was ruled out early on in the picture, various other codecs were also tried but all had the same problem.
The only thing that has not been tested is an older version of the CIPC.
If configs are required please advise, and they will be provided, if any specific questions need to be asked i will do my best to answer them, before i go to TAC on this i would like to see if there are any other avenues to approach.