Problem with optical interconnection

Unanswered Question
Aug 25th, 2009

Hi,

we have a Cisco catalyst express 500G switch (WS-CE500G-12TC;IOS:12.2(25)SEG5) with SFP: GLC-SX-MM transceivers. We want to connect a remote building (aproximately 50 meters).

For now, we connecting this two buildings via 2 optical converters with 100Mbit/s speed and then metalic connection to switch.

Now we want to migrate this connection to 1Gbit/s. We want to use a SFP ports so direct connection to switch will be used and converter Alied Telesys AT-MC1004 will be on other side. I painted it on pictures (actual situation-1 and new situation-2). I think all prerequesites are good, but link status is "no link on the port" on cisco switch...

Can someone idea where can be a possible problem or how to diagnostic this problem?

Thanks.

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Tom Randstrom Tue, 08/25/2009 - 04:42

What did you finally determine was the cause of the NO LINK ON PORT on the Cisco Switch?

lubosbella Tue, 08/25/2009 - 05:39

Problem was that optical convertor is converting 1Gbit/s optic to only 1Gbit/s metalic and we had a PC with 100Mbit/s ethernt card. So when we change ethernet card to 1Gbit/s link was up....

viyuan700 Tue, 08/25/2009 - 18:43

Thanks for posting the solution, rated too . Sometime back someone else have the similar kind of problem.

Actions

This Discussion