Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Auto Attendant

nafrasiyabov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

have a little issue here.. i need to configure Auto Attendant in unity Version 2.0.1.2000-337. when you call AA first standard Opening Greeting plays, and if you don't take any action greeting transfers you to Operator. there is a slight delay between played sound and transferring action. i need this delay to be more than standard. who can i change this time between greeting and transferring call to the operator?

and secon quest.

how can i make this: when somebody calls from outside how i can send call directly to the unity? i mean my companies outside number is xxx yyyy, and when i call from outside this number i need call to be transferred to Auto Attendant

phuuu..im done..

thanks for your soon reply fellow!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. Create a new CTI route point in CCM (Device > CTI Route Point).

2. Give the route point a DN and in DN configuration, give the DN a voicemail profile and check the box to Forward All to Voicemail.

3. In Unity, under Call Management > Call Handlers, find the call handler. On the Profile page, assign the call handler an Extension (same as the DN created above).

You should now be able to dial the DN and hear the greeting for the call handler.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Regarding the delay before transfer, you could add a few seconds of silence to the end of the greeting for the Opening Greeting call handler.

Is your Unity integrated with Callmanager? If so, to have your main number ring to the Unity auto attendant, create a translation pattern and set the Called Party Transform Mask to the DN associated with the auto attendant.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

thanks for answer. but here is another one: how i can associate DN with Auto Attendant?

Give the call handler an extension in Unity. In Callmanager, create a CTI route point with this extension and call forward all to voicemail. Since you mentioned calling the AA in your original post, it sounds like you already have this in place.

Brandon

"Give the call handler an extension in Unity. In Callmanager, create a CTI route point with this extension and call forward all to voicemail. Since you mentioned calling the AA in your original post, it sounds like you already have this in place."

Would you care to expand somewhat further on this point please?

I have a scenario where an mgcp gateway is deployed and the reception number is 7600. The requirement is that when anyone (internal/external), dials this DN then the call is routed to Unity. So what must be done in terms of configuration tasks on CCM and Unity?, and is one method of doing this recommended over another?

tia

Ajaz

1. Create a new CTI route point in CCM (Device > CTI Route Point).

2. Give the route point a DN and in DN configuration, give the DN a voicemail profile and check the box to Forward All to Voicemail.

3. In Unity, under Call Management > Call Handlers, find the call handler. On the Profile page, assign the call handler an Extension (same as the DN created above).

You should now be able to dial the DN and hear the greeting for the call handler.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

"3. In Unity, under Call Management > Call Handlers, find the call handler. On the Profile page, assign the call handler an Extension (same as the DN created above). "

Find the call handler...?

do you not mean 'Add a call handler?

Have another qtn while I'm here. Instead of configuring a CTI RP, why can't I just configure dn 7600 and apply CFA to Unity. Then in unity setup the handler and it's associated actions?

really appreciate the quick response.

Ajaz

Yes, correct, Add a call handler.

You will need something to configure the DN on. You could create a dummy phone, but in general I think using a CTI route point is a cleaner solution.

Brandon

Brandon,

I agree with you that CTI RP is way to go with this, however, are there any obvious limitations or drawbacks for going down the dummy DN route..?

best regards

Ajaz

Hi

I just want to know how do we configure the call handler on the Unity in order to receive the user input of extension and route it to the dialed extension while user listening the AA greeting ?

Is there any limitation on Unity 7 that extension should be a subscriber of the Unity or can we route to any extension when your calling from outside ?

Thanks

I Created a call handler and assinged an extension. But when the caller instead hear my recorded greeting, it's hear the openning greeting.

What can i do for the caller hear the greeting that i recorded in call handler basics page ?

Make the DN of your CTI route point that routes the call to Unity match the DN assigned to the call handler or create a routing rule in Unity to route the call to the proper call handler.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

What are the steps for these configurations ?

In Callmanager, go to Device > CTI Route Point. Find the the route point configured to point to Unity for this call handler. In the DN settings for the route point, change the DN to match the DN assigned to the call handler.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

1) Created a dummy phone

2) I created a new CTI route point with a DN configured,

3) Voicemail profile and check the box to Forward All to Voicemail

4)Aassign the call handler an Extension (same as the DN created above)

But, i dial the DN and i don't hear the greeting for the call handler.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: