Views
Helpful
Replies

some of the processes are not running

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Some of the below given processes are not running and if we manually enable it, after sometime it is again goes to disable state.

"LMS Processes like CTMJrmServer, DFMCTMStartup, DataPurge are down."

2)Log files EDS-GCF.log, jrm.log, dmgtDbg.log, CSDiscovery.log exceeded the recommended size limit

3)DFM name synchronization with Cisco discovery.

The above 3 things are to be cleared to the customer for the smooth run of LMS 3.0 Ciscoworks.

swami

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFMCTMStartup and DataPurge can be down in normal operation. CTMJrmServer should not be done. Post the CTMJrmServer.log, jrm.log, output of the command "pdreg -l CTMJrmServer", and the output of the DOS SET command. What version of LMS is this?

Log files typically exceed the "recommended" limits. You should configure logrot.pl to manage log file sizes. Help on configuring logrot can be found by searching the Common Services online help for "logrot".

DFM is the one application in LMS which does not respect the DCR display name. In order for DFM to show hostnames, you need to make sure there is a one-to-one DNS mapping between management IP and hostname. The easiest way to do this is to add entries to the server's local hosts file for your devices. Then, remove the devices from DFM, and re-add them, and they should show up with hostnames.

Dear Clarke,

Thanks for your solutions.The LMS version is 3.0.

I am waiting the reply from the end user.

For the security reason I can not work on that LMS machine.

Also please let me know about the best tool in cisco network being used for network health check under the preventive maintenance

Thanks in advance

swami

I don't understand the question? Are you asking about a Cisco network management application? DFM and the Health and Utilization add-on (LMS 3.0.1 and higher) provide a good overall picture of faults and health/availability of a device.

Clarke,

My question apart from the LMS is how to do the entire Cisco network health check.The customer wants us to do the health check for their network which consists of Cisco 6509,3560E,ASA 5520,and LMS 3.0.As u said that the DFM and Health and Utilization add-on both are sufficient tools for the health check

or is there any tool u recommand to me?

swami

Well, with HUM, you can create pollers which monitor CPU, memory, interface utilization, and environment data for these devices. It won't immediately tell you if the devices are healthy, though. For that, you need to take a baseline over a normal time period, then you are more likely to see when there are deviations from that baseline.

DFM, on the other hand, will provide immediate faults in the network as soon as you start managing devices. Those faults are based on pre-configured thresholds for things like CPU utilization, errors, interface utilization, etc. While some of those thresholds will be valid, others will either be too low or too high your network. You'll want to investigate each event reported by DFM, and determine if this is a real problem (based on performance problems, availability issues, etc.), then decide if those thresholds need to be changed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: