Quality Management - external storage?

Unanswered Question
Aug 25th, 2009

Hi All,

has anyone successfully set QM 2.6 up to store recordings on an external drive?

The documentation isn't very helpful and I can't seem to figure out what I could be missing or configuring incorrectly.

The QM server is part of the domain. The domain user I'm configuring has full access to the shared folder. I've tried setting up the external storage in the PostInstall tool with every possible path string I could imagine without recording anything to the share drive. Local storage works fine by the way.

Can someone having a working config give me hints on this.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Attila

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
billmatthews Wed, 01/20/2010 - 09:02

Any luck with this?  I'm planning a Quality Management deployment, and wanted to make sure it'll support external storage.

Thanks!

jasonprescott Fri, 01/22/2010 - 13:46

I'm doing it successfully on ver 2.7(3).  all i did was set up the path as \\\ and give it a username and password that had access to that space.

billmatthews Fri, 01/22/2010 - 13:59

Excellent thanks.  So that's just a CIFS mount to to a windows volume?

wahab101 Mon, 10/27/2014 - 12:04

Hi guys

I have the same problem however I am able to retrieve and play back the audio files but bnot able to retrieve screen capture video files

I am also migrated it to network storage. Video files are being uploaded to the new location with nno issues but they are not being able to be retrieved any suggestion

I am getting the following messages:

The message they are getting is as follows:

There are two windows appearing quickly saying that the files are decoded and initialized successfully. Then we get the window displaying” connecting to video file please wait while a connection is established

There are two windows appearing quickly saying that the files are decoded and initialized successfully. Then we get the window displaying” connecting to video file please wait while a connection is established

There are two windows appearing quickly saying that the files are decoded and initialized successfully. Then we get the window displaying” connecting to video file please wait while a connection is established. then is stays there and does not retrieve files

Abdul

Actions

This Discussion