cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Design scenario with Site Codes and CUCM 6.x

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im looking at deploying around 6k phones. I have about 15 sites. In the past, I have set up the following,

4 digit DNs at the line

VM profile to mask to 7 digits (site code+dn)

And then Translation patterns to/from each site. (7 digit, to another CSS site, strip the site code, 4 digit line)

This has always worked fine for me.

I could be lazy and put all the lines in 7 digits format into one CSS, but that is not very efficient for CUCM or for managing each site. (in my opinion)

any other ideas engineers have tried? Granted, a gatekeeper would be nice as well, but for this project.

4 Replies 4

mrugeshpatel_2
Level 1
Level 1

Tommer,

You actually have the site code design reversed.

The DNs will be 7 digits not 4 digits (on-net code + side code + 4 digit of the extension).

For example siteA ext will be 8152001 and siteB's extn will be 8163001.(on-net code "8", siteA code "15", siteB code "16")

site-to-site calling will be 7 digits.

internal calling will be 4 digits, siteA users will call 2xxx (a translation pattern will prefix 815), siteB users will call 3xxx (a translation pattern will prefix 816)

Hope this helps

So you are putting all the DNs in the same PT then correct?

Yes, all DNs in same partition.

yeah, I want to do that, but but in the past I have looked how CUCM analyzes data and the efficiency of the database. if I have all the lines in one PT, I could possibly have the potential of 15k options everytime someone picks up the phone to dial. (15k line1)

This could potentially put a strain on large deployments with a single PT for all line1.

I was looking for other option if anyone has done something different.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: