Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed calls when in a blast group

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is it possible to disable "missed calls" for calls that are directed through a blast group. It seems a bit "stupid" to get a missed call when I'm in a blast group just because another user in that group has answered the call.

Thanks,

Eivind

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Eivind, I hear you loud and clear. I will forward this to the IP Phone team.

Thanks,

marcos

View solution in original post

Probably not what you want, but you can disable all missed calls from showing up with the no missed-calls under the ephone.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Eivind,

Its funny you should mention this, i get at least 2 requests a week for me to find a way to turn this off, i dont know why but it just annoys people so much they have to voice their dissatisfaction with this missed call message on their phones.

I honestly believe a Missed Call should only be displayed when the call is directed to that phone in specific, i am sure the Cisco Phones and the IOS has enough intelligence in it to allow for this to take place.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Unfortunately, this is not supported.

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

I guess you guys see that "missed calls" are not missed calls any more. The whole purpose of missed calls should only come from missed calls on the user extension, and not from any hunt group. Is it possible to get this feature on the roadmap? Or as a workaround, disable missed calls on the phone, as you can´t be sure if the missed call is to your extension or from a hunt group.

Thanks,

Eivind

Eivind, I hear you loud and clear. I will forward this to the IP Phone team.

Thanks,

marcos

Marcos,

Any update on this issue?

Thanks,

Eivind

Probably not what you want, but you can disable all missed calls from showing up with the no missed-calls under the ephone.

Steven,

This is better than having missed calls that are false.

Thanks for your tip.

Thanks,

Eivind

john
Level 1
Level 1

Good option.  Especially on front desk phones that have a blast group.

Just to let you know, my customers complain about this as well. Does the same happen if I switch from Blast group to Hunt group?

Yes, same thing happens.

AdamBatey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Glad to hear i'm not the only person who finds this frustrating.

I'm the admin of our cisco phone system and i'm a member of a blast group, really wan't to get rid of "Missed calls" on the hunt and blast groups, but don't want to disable missed calls on my phone as i do get direct calls.

Was there any response from the IP phone team? I'm hoping that it can either be removed or setup so that it can be disabled or enabled on hut/blast groups.

Cheers,

Adam

Yes, a few posts up, from Steven:

"Probably not what you want, but you can disable all missed calls from showing up with the no missed-calls under the ephone."

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Yes saw that one thanks, unfotunately I do want to see missed a calls that are placed to my direct line.

Hopefully no missed calls can be added as a feature for hunt/blast groups in the future (or remove this from them all together)

Adam