Script to Monitor Queue depth and Longest Call for Queue

Unanswered Question
Aug 25th, 2009

I would like to create a script that will monitor the depth and length of time a call in the queue. Once a threshold is reached I would then like to send a "page" through to agents to alert them to go ready. I understand how to create a simple script that is triggered by a phone call but I am having an issue on how I should call this application/script. I would like to for it to continuously monitor the queue and only send action when needed. I also don't want it to react constantly once the threshold is reached. Anyone have an ideas or examples.

Thanks,

Joe

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ronwhitling Tue, 08/25/2009 - 09:37

We do this with "Get Reporting statistic" And have it report the "Current Wait Duration" for the csq the call is in and set that to a variable(WaitTime). Every time that call goes through our 30 second loop we check if WaitTime>90. If true we send an email to a group address that contains the agents and managers of that csq.

joeharb Tue, 08/25/2009 - 10:09

I have thought about this and I am concerned with the following:

Say I want to know when queue depth is greater than 4 calls. Call 5 comes in and I alert, and so forth..I could check the call depth and longest in queue to give myself another variable such as longest in queue of over 2 minutes and queue depth of 4 calls. This would potentially give me a method of preventing the alerts from bombarding the users. Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Joe

ronwhitling Thu, 08/27/2009 - 06:48

This makes sense, We also set a variable once an email is sent for a particular call that flags the call as being alerted, and to not send again for that call. Without this once the call reaches the hold time limit or depth limit an email would fired off for every time the call looped. Hence bombarding a user every 30 seconds for each call.

That would definitely hurry everyone up though.

Actions

This Discussion