cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shortcut key to break out of telnet sessions?

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All,

I can telnet from Router A -> B -> C -> D.

Now, from router D, I can ctrl-shift-6-x and get back to router A. Router A will show one connection to router B. How, if even possible, would I be able to break from Router D to Router C without quitting the telnet session? Is there a keystroke that will let you do that?

Also, does anyone (Edison?) have a list of Cisco supported, undocumented keystrokes? I've looked and can't find much on it.

Thanks,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To get back to the device you telneted from per your example from D to C;

Do this:

control-shift-6

Then

control-shift-6-x

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

John,

I can't address your first issue at the moment, I'll have to investigate.

On your second request, this URL contains the most commonly used keystrokes while using the CLI

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/fundamentals/configuration/guide/cf_cli-basics_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks Edison! I look forward to hearing what you find out. =)

John

To get back to the device you telneted from per your example from D to C;

Do this:

control-shift-6

Then

control-shift-6-x

That did it :)

Thanks!

I know this is a very old post but I can't get your solution to work on 12.4(15) t1.  I used to be able to change the break key using an ascii number if I remember that correctly, but it seems like the ability to do that has been removed.  So the break sequence I remember is to press ctrl + shift + 6 then release and hit x. This works but pressing ctrl + shift + 6 then ctrl + shift + 6 then x still breaks back to the first router in the chain.  Maybe I am doing something wrong?!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card