cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Company Logos/Background Images

arrrghhh3
Level 1
Level 1

So my company wants to force background graphics onto the phones - I have implemented the image to be pushed to the phones so users can choose it, but I would like to be able to push the images onto the phone without user intervention. Ultimately we'd probably prefer that they can't change the image, they should only be provided with ours. Evidently the default cannot be removed, so is there a setting in a config file that I missed that would force this setting down?

I do NOT want to use an idle image, I'd much prefer the method we already have in place (putting an image on the tftp server and letting the phones put the image into their flash - less B/W that way)

So any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

33 Replies 33

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here's a 3rd party tool that can push the image out.

http://software.voipintegration.com/software.aspx

To my knowledge, there is no way to remove the default image.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Yea, I saw this suite as well... My company isn't too keen on ponying up for it.

They feel that this is something that's built into the CCM, and I'm just missing it.

I feel this s/b a feature that's built in as well... seems so simple and obvious... but I can't find anything on it...

The closest app we provide is the Cisco Phone Designer but it's not for bulk, it's one phone at a time.

Also you need to meet the requirements for CUCM version and phone models to use phone designer.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I do meet the requirements for CUCM and phone models... I have been able to push images on to my phone with phone designer.

But you seriously suggest I do this for 2,000+ phones? What about bigger companies that have 20,000+ phones? There's really nothing?

I have to agree with you. If you search these forums, you'll see several other posts related to this issue. Most people think CUCM should be capable of doing this. Sadly, it is not.

Brandon

I see two perfectly correct and helpful answers being low rated above.

I've re-rated these posts for what they're worth, a '5'.

The person that left the rating should review his usage of the system toward a fair and non-punishing way.

I'm assuming the rating system is on how helpful the responses are - in relation to the question.

In that context, telling me about Phone Designer, which is only for a per-phone setup - is NOT what I'm looking for.

I realize I didn't mention that I've tried that before, but I made it clear I wanted a system to mass change the background.

For example, I'd imagine there's a config file that has the default background image - if there isn't, there certainly should be.

So, I say my 1.0 rating is completely valid - the solution did not help me at all.

The other rating I gave - 2.0 - was helpful, which is the rating I choose. As far as very helpful it was not. Again, I didn't implicitly say I've already seen it, but a 3rd party solution for something so simple is not "extremely helpful" in my opinion. You may think I'm wrong - but it's my opinion.

I hope this doesn't turn into a flame-fest most forums enjoy. Didn't think I needed to justify my ratings either.

Let me just state, you have a wrong understanding of the rating system. As often happens, in this case I just see low ratings to reflect frustration for not having an easy, and most important, FREE solution to a problem.

I recommend you refrain from using it again in "your" manner, fortunately the fellows that kept responding are true gentleman.

Hrm... Well their answers didn't answer my question even in the slightest. The answer that didn't help me at all, I rated a 1.0 - which is what the description says, does not help at all. I don't see how I'm using the rating system improperly.

The one answer that was a reasonable solution (which I rated 2.0 - somewhat helpful... it was somewhat helpful, it wasn't extremely helpful), was for an $80 piece of software that I see as unnecessary - I can't imagine Cisco doesn't have some sort of a way to solve this - even something as simple as the default BG for all phones in a config, something in CCM, SOMETHING!!

Either way, none of this banter is helping me solve my problem. I posted here in the hopes of catching someone who has solved this problem - I just don't understand how a product geared towards the enterprise doesn't have this problem licked yet...

And the Phone Designer - that's cool, but is completely for individual users - how many corporate environments are going to want users using an application like that? I know we wouldn't want people putting on custom ringtones and backgrounds, it would be a nightmare.

Has anyone tried to use Phone designer to push out images to more then one phone- what error do you get. Do you not just associate yourself to all the phones and then update. I`v been in contact with the VOIP guys on the previous answer and they have just released the new version which works with CUCM6.x 7.X- $89 for the SW for a whole Cluster- Yes Cisco should create something to allows a mass change but until that day.....

I never thought about it from that angle... I don't think I'd want to associate all the phones with my end user acct, but I guess that's a solution. I'll try it, but I have a feeling that it'll be A LOT more work for little gain. Especially with all the phones that we have.

Surely would you not just create a user purely for update background images only - That`s my thinking ? Can yo update us if you are goign to use Phone Designer we are going to roll out 2k- 3k phones and need a new image so I`m looking to use what ever we can

Eh, I'll give it a shot. Not sure how easy/difficult it will be to associate all phones to one user...

And in doing this I see we have almost 7,000 phones. Wow. This is going to suck.

Yea, this isn't going to work. If you have more than one phone associated with the end user acct, phone designer makes you select phone-by-phone which one you want to update - and it only lists a model. So nice thought, but not going to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: