cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMUBE

sbeauton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CMUBE with CallManager and Unity Connection 7.1 integrated on one box. I have found the only way to create a users vmail box is by creating a user in CCM and making sure they have a phone and primary ext. Without these fields then you can't add a users vmail. My question is what if I want to give a hunt pilot a VM Box or even a virtual mail box. Can I create a vmail box without having to create the user and other things in CUMBE. There has to be an eaiser way. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

In Business Edition this is the way it works. I've always thought that was odd/interesting (depending on how you look at it) but I'm sure there is some good logic at work here. But the VM account is truely tied to the creation in CUCM as a first step;

Creating User Accounts in a Coresident Configuration

In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition (CMBE), you create individual users and administrator accounts on the User Management pages in Cisco Unified CM Administration. The accounts are based on the templates and classes of service that you create and/or modify in Cisco Unity Connection Administration.

Users with voice mailboxes are end users; users without voice mailboxes are system administrators (or application users). After you add an end user for Connection, you can then configure an end user voice mailbox in Cisco Unified CM Administration. Other settings can be modified as needed from the user account pages in Connection Administration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac080.html#wp1056521

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

In Business Edition this is the way it works. I've always thought that was odd/interesting (depending on how you look at it) but I'm sure there is some good logic at work here. But the VM account is truely tied to the creation in CUCM as a first step;

Creating User Accounts in a Coresident Configuration

In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition (CMBE), you create individual users and administrator accounts on the User Management pages in Cisco Unified CM Administration. The accounts are based on the templates and classes of service that you create and/or modify in Cisco Unity Connection Administration.

Users with voice mailboxes are end users; users without voice mailboxes are system administrators (or application users). After you add an end user for Connection, you can then configure an end user voice mailbox in Cisco Unified CM Administration. Other settings can be modified as needed from the user account pages in Connection Administration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac080.html#wp1056521

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob and Scott.

I just noticed this the other day. I could not get it work on a CUCM and Unity Connection, but maybe it works on CUCMBE.

When you are on the line and it's configured, in the upper right corner, drop down the list for "back to list, dependencies" etc. There is a new item called Create unity mailbox or something like that.

I tried it, but did not work the a recent system I was working on. Probably relies on DNS which I did not have configured.

Thanks for your help. This confirms what I already know about CMBE. I'm glad I'm not doing something wrong here. Thanks again.