cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(5) to Unity Connection 7.0/7.1 - license file issue

enoch
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone share the detail procedure for migrating Unity 4.0(5) to Unity Connection 7.0/7.1?

1) I understand that we should use the COBRAS to export the database from Unity 4.x, and import to UCn7.x. But, when should we import the data to the UCn7.x? Should it be before or after installing the UCn7.x License File?

2) Where should I got the UCn7.x License File for my upgrade? Does it come with my Unity Upgrade Media (register the PAK at Cisco.com)?

3) When we purchase the Unity to UCn Upgrade, we've only mentioned about the mailbox quantity of the existing Unity 4.0(5). How this PAK knows about the no. of ports in my existing Unity 4.0(5)? Do we need to send e-mail to Cisco Licensing Team to get another License File for the UCn 7.x port quantity?

I've already check a lot of Cisco doucments. Please share your field experience.

Best regards,

Enoch

3 Replies 3

jburk
Level 1
Level 1

unfortunately you have to contact the Connection migration team via email and wait (and wait and wait) for a response...

The PAK does not give you subscriber OR port licenses, just a connection license, you have to get the rest from the migration team. I do not recommend doing this during your migration as I have been delayed because of the process. Get your licenses before migrating.

Hi, I have been reading a post of yours from Oct 2009 regarding contactin a Migration Team to obtain reissued Cisco Unity licenses for migrating to Unity Connection.  I'm about to migrate to Unity Conn 8.5, is this still the same process and if so do you have contact details for this migration team please?  Many thanks.

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I had the same issue and what I found was a TAC case CSta07490 that basically says you need to use your licenses from the version you are coming from. In my case due to the way the servers got loaded Nic 2 was active in vers 4 but when I went to U connection 7.1.2 Nic was became active.. Tac actually reissued my Unity 4.x licenses with the new nic and they loaded fine on U connection 7. There was a couple errors but they are features that are not in connection.. The Unity 4 license file works fine...

Just a question but how did you find the instructions for the migration..???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: