Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing switches in CM 5.0

jesper_fr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem regarding missing switches in CM. I can see the switches in CS, RME, and DFM but they are not shown in CM. Íf i eg. look in the user defined group in CM, then i can see that 3 switches is missing compered to CS. Alle switches have the exactly the same credentials.

any good ideas ?

18 Replies 18

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this really CM 5.0? If so, I would suspect a known bug. I would recommend an upgrade to LMS 3.0.1 with CM 5.0.5, Afterward, a new Campus Data Collection should get your missing devices.

I am running LMS 3.0.1 and CM 5.0.5....sorry. I have all the updates installed

Okay, what type of switches are they? Are they configured in your Data Collection filters under Campus Manager > Admin > Data Collection > Mode and Policy Settings?

all 3 switches is 3560-48. In the Mode and Policy settings, i have entered a c-class eg. 10.99.66.* . The switches missing is in the midle of this range .93, .96, and .106 switches with the eg. .92, and .107 are shown in CM

Are they in a cluster configuration? Do you see them under Campus Manager > Admin > Data Collection > Excluded Devices?

No, they are not in a cluster config, and are not shown under excluded devices. I tried to look under included devices, and here i could see the missing switches. I tried to add them manualy, but no change. I still can't see these switches in CM

After you added them manually, did you run a new Data Collection? That is important as Campus will only manage devices after a Data Collection. You could also enable Data Collection core, corex, frontend, and framework debugging, run a new Data Collection, then check the ani.log for those devices. It is possible they are managed by other names in CM.

I did run a Data Collection after I added these devices manually, but they still doesn't show i CM. I have also enabled logging as described, but i can't see these devices anywhere in the log (searched for IP adr. and device name)

If possible, post the ani.log, and the device details.

Here is the Ani.log file.

The missing devices is the following:

10.99.66.93, .95, .98, .102, 106

What device details do you wan't to see ?

The log is truncated. You will need to increase the log file size under the same interface where you enabled debugging. Add two zeros. Then run a new Data Collection.

after i tried to run a new datacolloection, then the file is too big to upload it here. It's almost 10 MB. What do i do then ?

Compress it. It's just text, so it will compress very well.

Here is the new log. Hope you can see what goes wrong.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: