Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-CUE upgrade from 2.1 to 7.0.2

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I need to upgrade my NM-CUE from 2.1 to 7.0.2.

Please let me know how i can perform this task.

Thanks,

Regards,

Malik.

3 Replies 3

nwkotze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,as you had the same issue I am hoping you can help?

I am at the same stage of upgrade, can I jump from 3.2.1 to 7.0.5?

Upgrade option for CUE -
Available:
Latest Version 7:
7.0.5 - Release Date: 16/Dec/2009

Older generation 3:
3.2.1 - Release Date: 15/Sep/2009

Many Thanks,

Nico

Hi,

In both scenarios you can go directly into 7.0.X directly, the best way would be to do a "Boot helper" install; it's recommended though that if you are upgrading from 2.X into 7.X you would do it in steps so first goint to a 3.X and then moving into 7.X. You can check the steps for the installation process on the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008064172a.shtml

On the link you'll find the steps for a clean install and boot helper install, the clean install might be a bit faster but I've found the boot helper method more reliable.

You should be able to do a 'software install clean' for this.  No need to go from the boot helper if you can get to the CUE prompt on 2.1.

Note that you can only use the 'software install upgrade' feature if you are moving consecutive releases (i.e. 7.0.1 to 7.0.2), which you are not doing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: