cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade WAAS from 4.0 to 4.1

mperduca
Level 1
Level 1

In a lab environment I have 1 WAE 612 (4.0) Control Manager and 2 WAE 512 (4.0) with a Transport License.

Af first I want upgrade all at 4.1 and go to Transport to Enterprise.

First question: for the 612 is it sufficient an upgrade to 4.1 maintaining the existing license or if I go to 4.1 I need to add also an enterprise license for continue to work as control manager?

Second question:in the target environment is it possible to "transport" an existing license from a unit to another? (for example the control manager license from the 612 to the 512 and an enterprise license from the 512 to the 612)

Thank you very much

3 Replies 3

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

WAAS 4.0 does not have a license feature. WAAS 4.0 is effectively equal to WAAS 4.1 with transport mode. This license is automatically installed when you upgrade.

The Enterprise license is to enable the Application Optimizer (AO) functions. the CM will be able to manage the AA regardless of the installed license.

The license model currently allows one to step down enterprise to transport and step up a transport to enterprise.

- Dan

Hello Dan,

thank you very much. A last question: if I want upgrade my WAE CM from 4.0 to 4.1 I need an Enterprise license (that includes the CM features). My doubt is: when I will update it a 4.1 I will need also a license upgrade from transport to enterprise or directly a license to enterprise?

thanks in advance

Marco

When you upgrade to 4.0, the transport license will be installed. You will need to install the enterprise license. Installing the license is a simple process and detailed in following link.

Managing Software Licenses

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v413/configuration/guide/other.html#wp1052688

- Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: