ICM script issue

Unanswered Question
Aug 26th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi All,

for communication centre resource management issue I need possibility to stop call routing to agents within particular skill group immediately (waiting calls in queue including).

There is possibility to take this skill group from all agents via Dynamic Reskilling tool but this operation is time consuming. Much better solution would be to manage it within ICM script somehow. There is skill group variable .Closed accessible within ICM script. When this variable value is set up on 1 for the particular skill group system behaves as demanded - no incoming or waiting calls are routed to agents (within this skill group). When this value is set to 0 traffic recovers on this skill group.

The question is:

1. Is it possible to use the variable in such way? Aren't they any side effects?

2. What is original purpose for the variable? Isn't it obsolete and there is risk that the variable will lose in some future release?

Our system: IPCC Enterprise 7.1.

Could anybody to help me?

JB

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Wed, 08/26/2009 - 02:50
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

I've never used closed for a skill group, however look at the documentation, if it's still included and I'm assuming it has been included since 5, why not continue using it?

Here's another solution if you want to dequeue all calls for that SG. Once the calls are in queue you can set another queue to skill group node with that skill group and in the consider if, put in 0=1, since this false the calls will dequeue from this SG.

There are many different ways to accomplish stuff like this.

david

Actions

This Discussion