failed to upgrade LMS3.2

Answered Question
Aug 26th, 2009

I recived the CWLMS3.2-5KSRK9 package, but when run setup.sh,I've the below message:

bash-2.05# ./setup.sh

./setup.sh: /install/configureMe: not found

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 7 years 3 months ago

Certainly what you're doing is not supported. It really sounds like HP/UX is not preserving the case of the files on the DVD. That is, the setup script expects to find a configureMe file in the root of the DVD, and this isn't there. I think "cdcase" is making all of the file names lowercase. If you absolutely cannot mount the DVD on a Solaris machine, try mounting the DVD with:

/usr/sbin/mount -F cdfs -e -o ro,rr /dev/dsk/c0t1d0 /cdrom

That should preserve the case based on the Rockridge Extensions. Then, to properly copy the contents to disk, use tar:

# cd /cdrom

# tar -cpf /path/to/lms.tar .

Then, copy the lms.tar file to the Solaris machine, and untar it with:

# tar -xpf lms.tar

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Wed, 08/26/2009 - 07:36

Did you copy the DVD contents to disk? If so, how did you do this?

albatli1977 Fri, 08/28/2009 - 23:32

Yes,I did by mount cdrom on HPux and run rcp command on ciscoworks server "rcp -rp"

the command to mount cdrom on hpux is :

"mount -o ro,cdcase /dev/dsk/c0t1d0 /cdrom"

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Sat, 08/29/2009 - 13:15

Certainly what you're doing is not supported. It really sounds like HP/UX is not preserving the case of the files on the DVD. That is, the setup script expects to find a configureMe file in the root of the DVD, and this isn't there. I think "cdcase" is making all of the file names lowercase. If you absolutely cannot mount the DVD on a Solaris machine, try mounting the DVD with:

/usr/sbin/mount -F cdfs -e -o ro,rr /dev/dsk/c0t1d0 /cdrom

That should preserve the case based on the Rockridge Extensions. Then, to properly copy the contents to disk, use tar:

# cd /cdrom

# tar -cpf /path/to/lms.tar .

Then, copy the lms.tar file to the Solaris machine, and untar it with:

# tar -xpf lms.tar

Actions

This Discussion