cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

failed to upgrade LMS3.2

albatli1977
Level 1
Level 1

I recived the CWLMS3.2-5KSRK9 package, but when run setup.sh,I've the below message:

bash-2.05# ./setup.sh

./setup.sh: /install/configureMe: not found

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Certainly what you're doing is not supported. It really sounds like HP/UX is not preserving the case of the files on the DVD. That is, the setup script expects to find a configureMe file in the root of the DVD, and this isn't there. I think "cdcase" is making all of the file names lowercase. If you absolutely cannot mount the DVD on a Solaris machine, try mounting the DVD with:

/usr/sbin/mount -F cdfs -e -o ro,rr /dev/dsk/c0t1d0 /cdrom

That should preserve the case based on the Rockridge Extensions. Then, to properly copy the contents to disk, use tar:

# cd /cdrom

# tar -cpf /path/to/lms.tar .

Then, copy the lms.tar file to the Solaris machine, and untar it with:

# tar -xpf lms.tar

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you copy the DVD contents to disk? If so, how did you do this?

Yes,I did by mount cdrom on HPux and run rcp command on ciscoworks server "rcp -rp"

the command to mount cdrom on hpux is :

"mount -o ro,cdcase /dev/dsk/c0t1d0 /cdrom"

Certainly what you're doing is not supported. It really sounds like HP/UX is not preserving the case of the files on the DVD. That is, the setup script expects to find a configureMe file in the root of the DVD, and this isn't there. I think "cdcase" is making all of the file names lowercase. If you absolutely cannot mount the DVD on a Solaris machine, try mounting the DVD with:

/usr/sbin/mount -F cdfs -e -o ro,rr /dev/dsk/c0t1d0 /cdrom

That should preserve the case based on the Rockridge Extensions. Then, to properly copy the contents to disk, use tar:

# cd /cdrom

# tar -cpf /path/to/lms.tar .

Then, copy the lms.tar file to the Solaris machine, and untar it with:

# tar -xpf lms.tar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: