cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Device Profile issue

jimihendrix1
Level 1
Level 1

Client requested they want to use extension mobility to make cell phone calls however when they are not logged into thier phone,they should only be able to make local calls. Thier extension must also be the same when they are not logged in and when they are logged in (device profile DN).

Issue whenever I update the phone CSS it changes the device profile Line CSS and vice verser when I change CSS on device profile it changes phone CSS.This occurs even when I use different partitions on the phone and device profile.

Conclusion client wants the same extension in device profile and on phone but different calling searchpaces. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That really is not recommended and causes a routing problem.

A) You use shared lines = both will have the same CSS and thus restrictions.

B) Same DN, different partition = you will only be able to call 1 of those at any given time due to the best match pattern and partition order in CSS.

I would strongly advise against doing this and instead configure different DNs.

my 2 cents

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That really is not recommended and causes a routing problem.

A) You use shared lines = both will have the same CSS and thus restrictions.

B) Same DN, different partition = you will only be able to call 1 of those at any given time due to the best match pattern and partition order in CSS.

I would strongly advise against doing this and instead configure different DNs.

my 2 cents

HTH

java

HTH

java

First of all thank you so much for your response and I will take it into consideration. I will suggest to the client to have a different internal range than the device profile DN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: