cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dsiplaying Hunt Group Info on IP Phone

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

ok, my lab is down for the short term and I can't think this one through...

Customer has CM 7.x, Unity 7.x and IPCC 7.x. On IPCC, I have jtapi call control groups configured for each trigger. When a call dequeues, the port information description will appear on the IP Phone's display. This way, the user can see how to answer the call if they don't wish to view the CAD.

The Customer likes this idea and would like a similar approach for various hunt groups (not IPCC controlled) configured in CM.

The auto-attendant runs through IPCC but on the Redirect step that routes to the hunt group, the caller-ID on the phone shows the original calling number info (like most people normally want). Any way to fudge this so that I can have "Hunt Group XYZ" display on the phone?...

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

I was just testing this out in our lab a little while back. You can change this behaviour by setting up the Listed DN's on CTI Route Points that "front end" (via Call Forward All) the Hunt Group. The calls to this DN will still reach the Hunt Pilot but will strip off the CLID and replace it with it's own. This way your users will see the proper Hunt Pilot CLID :)

So, for example, if we take two Hunt Pilot DN's 2900 and 5555 move them to become the CTI-RP DN's and create a new Hunt Pilot DN of 2100 (with the same Line Group Members). On the CTI-RP DN Configuration page for both 2900 and 5555 set the Call Forward All to 2100. When a call comes in via 2900 the users will be able to see that CLID on their phones to identify the proper response. And when a call comes in via 5555 the users will be able to see that CLID on their phones to identify the proper response.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Excellent. I'll give this a try.

Ok, this does work...however...this gets lost when the call goes through an IPCC server.

Here's all that's going on:

DNIS from telco is translated by CallManager to 2610 which is the trigger for an AutoAttendant in IPCC.

IPCC script has a redirect step to 2600 (the Hunt Pilot).

I have changed the Hunt Pilot to 2700 and created a Route Point "2600" that fwds to 2700.

When dialing internally or by not using IPCC (i.e., using a DiD on the Route Point) I can use the Alerting Name Field, however, when routing through th IPCC, this does not show up.

Suggestions?

Update: I've tried using a Consult Transfer step in lieu of a Redirect. While this does produce the desired results on the display of the Hunt Group member's phone, the call gets pulled back to IPCC if not answered soon enough.

Still tryin'...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: