cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP and tracking ip route

christew
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use the track command to determine if a route is present or not via eigrp. If the route is not present then I would like HSRP to fail over to the standby router.

I'm tracking a route to a loopback across a WAN interface. The tracking works because I can shut down the WAN interface issue a show track and see that it is down. However HRSP does not fail over. I have standby 1 track 10 command in the interface, but nothing happens.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Christopher,

You seem to have a difficult-to-notice configuration typo in both the R1 and R2 configurations.

Note that both on R1 and R2 Fa0/1, you have some standby commands written as "standby 1" while others use just "standby" without the group number. However, if you do not specify the group number, it is assumed to be group 0. What you have created here is basically a mix of configurations for two different standby groups on a single interface.

The solution should be a simple one - make sure that all your standby commands refer to an explicit group number, for example, 1.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

christew
Level 1
Level 1

Here are the config's.

Disregard got it to work. It was an HSRP configuration.

Hello Christopher,

You seem to have a difficult-to-notice configuration typo in both the R1 and R2 configurations.

Note that both on R1 and R2 Fa0/1, you have some standby commands written as "standby 1" while others use just "standby" without the group number. However, if you do not specify the group number, it is assumed to be group 0. What you have created here is basically a mix of configurations for two different standby groups on a single interface.

The solution should be a simple one - make sure that all your standby commands refer to an explicit group number, for example, 1.

Best regards,

Peter

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card