cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Initialization of Call Control Failed. Retrying...

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

On CM 6.1 I have encountered a very strange problem with attendant console.

I created the configuration for attendant console and everything works fine except that the call control does not come up.

I have created several times attendant console configurations and normally this gives no problem. Except for this customer.

What is working:

Hunt Pilot registers and queues correctly.

People that use attendant console can make them self ready and not ready, works perfectly.

People that use attendant console can see correctly the status of all phones in the directory (on-hook, ringing, talking)

But Call control does not come up (directory number grayed out, not black)

ac user:

Has the correct rights and no devices associated.

ACDeviceAuthenticationUser user:

has devices associated and no roles.

These are messages from the jtapi log file:

21: Aug 26 12:34:31.560 GMT %JTAPI-CTIIMPL-7-UNK:(P1-ac) Opening server "CME-BACKUP,CME-MASTER" login "ac"

22: Aug 26 12:34:31.560 GMT %JTAPI-CTIIMPL-7-UNK:(P1-ac) ProviderID = P1-ac

23: Aug 26 12:34:36.774 GMT %JTAPI-JTAPI-7-UNK:[DefaultJtapiPeer]PlatformExceptionImpl caught: Unable to create provider -- CME-MASTER: CME-MASTER

And these are messages from the acclient log file:

122[Thread-12]08/26 12:34:31.232 DEBUG Thread-12 >>> ACClientTelephonyMgr.init(): Getting Provider.

123[Thread-12]08/26 12:34:31.232 DEBUG Thread-12 >>> ACClientTelephonyMgr.init(): Got Provider.

124[RMI TCP Connection(1)-192.168.7.2]08/26 12:34:33.636 INFO RMI TCP Connection(1)-192.168.7.2 >>> ACCallback existing Calls

125[Thread-12]08/26 12:34:36.774 INFO Thread-12 >>> Error in connecting to provider: CME-BACKUP,CME-MASTER: com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Unable to create provider -- CME-MASTER: CME-MASTER: will retry in 5 seconds.

126[Thread-12]08/26 12:34:41.785 INFO Thread-12 >>> Error in connecting to provider: CME-BACKUP,CME-MASTER: com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Unable to create provider -- CME-BACKUP: will retry in 5 seconds.

127[Thread-12]08/26 12:34:52.009 INFO Thread-12 >>> Error in connecting to provider: CME-BACKUP,CME-MASTER: com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Unable to create provider -- CME-MASTER: CME-MASTER: will retry in 5 seconds.

128[Thread-12]08/26 12:34:57.019 INFO Thread-12 >>> Error in connecting to provider: CME-BACKUP,CME-MASTER: com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Unable to create provider -- CME-BACKUP: will retry in 5 seconds.

129[Thread-12]08/26 12:35:07.244 INFO Thread-12 >>> Error in connecting to provider: CME-BACKUP,CME-MASTER: com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Unable to create provider -- CME-MASTER: CME-MASTER: will retry in 5 seconds.

130[Thread-12]08/26 12:35:12.253 ERROR Thread-12 >>> ACClientTelephonyMgr.init(): Failed to do provider Login. com.cisco.ac.common.ACException: Unable to create provider -- CME-BACKUP

131[Thread-12]08/26 12:35:12.253 ERROR Thread-12 >>> Exception: com.cisco.ac.common.ACException: Failed_Telephony_Init

If someone has any idea, please tell me.

Thanks,

Jan

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you just add SRST to the system? I had an issue with a conference phone, I added in SRST and forgot I did not have DNS configured. The phone went into SRST mode when it could not resolve the CUCM host name. I had to go in and change the CUCM name to IP address in the CUCM server name System.

Then I could see in logs, it knew where the srst gateway was.

From your log files, im assuming you are using an SRST gateway with CME fallback.

Thanks for your answer.

It is not an issue with SRST (although I am familiar with the name/DNS issues)

The names are confusing (our partner made up the names)it is a callmanager configuration not a CME

This is the configuration:

CME-MASTER Publisher

CME-BACKUP Subscriber

Both callmanagers are in the DNS, and we also tried to put the names in the etc/host file from the client PC's

The attendant console connects correctly to the callmanager, otherwise we would not be able to login. When using a wrong password or user name you get the error message: invalid username or invalid password.

Also the phones register correctly to the cluster using the names, so DNS is configured correctly, also the PC's with the attendant console use the same DNS server.

Any idea will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jan

I had a lot of problems with AC in early versions of 6. Try resetting the AC and CTI services.

Was it working before and then stopped? or is this a new install?

Resetting, rebooting, upgrading, I have done everything.

Mind you I have made several Attendant console configurations on cm 4,5,6 and 7 (not supported anymore, the free one at least)

It has never worked for this customer, new installation.

Any ideas will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Jan

Since you have call control it must be linked to the CTI. I'd check the permissions for the ac application users. there a couple other posts in the forums about adding all the CTI permissions to the ac user account the other ac device.

Check the passwords are simple like 12345

Problem solved, it was an DNS issue.

We had put in the etc/host file the full DNS name of the callmanager, but it also needed the host name entries.

There is something wrong configured regarding DNS in customers network.

Thanks,

Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: