Views
Helpful
Replies

Strip Calling Party Incoming Digits

kim_beadle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have incoming calls from PBX systems to our Cisco phones, the calling party number is displayed on the Cisco Handsets with the 3 digit node idea followed by the 4 digit non-cisco extension number.

I have prefixed all national/international/local calls with a 9 on incoming so that missed calls can be dialed with the prefix 9 for outgoing line already in the missed call list, this was accomplished from;

Service Parameters => Enterprise Phone Settings...

How can I identify the 7 digit incoming calling party id and strip the first 3 digits?

At present CUCM 7.1 is prefixing the calling party string with a 9, ie 8104444 is showing up as 98104444, the 810 is the PBX node id form non-cisco phones and the 9 is prefixed by CUCM as it sees the calling party as a local call.

Hope you can help.

Kim

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Set the significant digits to 4 in the configuration for the integration with the PBX (trunk/gateway).

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I am not sure this would solve the issue as it would be global for call incoming Calling Party digits.

I only want to isolate the incoming Caller ID where the digits are 7 as these calls are always incoming from the PBX analogue extensions.

Other incoming calls will be 6,10 or 11, these Caller Numbers need to be retained for missed calls and information presented to the called Cisco phone.

The complexity of the set up makes isolating the 7 digits difficult as all PSTN calls come through the same PBX - Westell - Voice Gateway Router.

Regards Kim

What protocol is being used by the gateway receiving the calls? MGCP? H.323? If H.323, you could use voice translation rules, such as:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /...\(....\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile 1

translate called 1

dial-peer voice 1 voip

translation-profile outgoing 1

See the following link for more on voice translation rules/profiles:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtm

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

unfortuately all of the Gateway routers that are receiving calls from PBX phones are running MGCP as there is a full 30 channel E1 presentation. The PBX to Cisco Voice Gateway allows PSTN calls into the PBX bound for Cisco Extensions to cross the Voice Gateway router and Cisco PSTN calls to go out the same Gateway to PBX to PSTN. This is interim as we are gradually removing the PBX as we roll out Cisco VoIP to the sites that are still on analogue PBX.

All of our H323 gateways are using fractional PRI hence the protocol and are directly connected to PSTN.

Hope this is clear.

Kim,

The only solution I can think of is to move your gateways to H.323. MGCP does not allow this kind of digit manipulation. Not sure if the change is worth it for a temporary solution?

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

yes I think I have talked my way out of a lot of complex translations/conversion to h323.

I have been told this week that I will be heading up the project to migrate 800+ users over 5 Siemens HiPath PBX's to Cisco VoIP within the next 6 months. So I think we will just live with the calling party (internal PBX analogue) calls as this will be a thing of the past shortly.

Thanks Kim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: