Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point Memory Requirements

c.fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hello -

I have 1000 Series APs on my network. I have been unable to upgrade to 5.x code because of a memory limitation on the APs. I am now considering what AP to migrate to. I have a few questions regarding memory requirements.

1 - Does anyone know what the memory size is for 1000 Series APs? There is no indication of the memory size in the data sheet for this AP model. All other AP data sheets have memory specs listed.

2 - What size is the current AP firmware image for the 6.x WLC version? I want to verify that whatever AP I purchase has more than enough memory to support many future WLC software releases.

Thanks

Chuck

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Controller software release 5.0.148.0 or later is not compatible with Cisco Aironet 1000 series access points.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn501480.html#wp304482

Yes, I recognize that. 1000 Series APs can only go up to 4.x code. However, I want to upgrade my APs. So I am trying to determine

1) How much memory the 1000 series AP so I can compare to memory options on newer model APs

2) What is the AP memory requirement for the latest WLC software versions.

This information will help me choose the right AP and protect my investement by ensuring longevity.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card