cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 GW to UCM call setup question

mpower78
Level 1
Level 1

I was experimenting h323 gw to UCM 7.1.2 call setup today and found something that I couldn't understand.

let's say that there are 3 UCM servers and 1 CCM group configured with only CCM 1 & 2 servers. 1 IP Phone (7965) is registered to CCM group which is registed to CCM 2 server.

H.323 gateway is configured and there is only one voip dial-peer is configured to CCM 3.

When an inbound call comes to h.323 gw, it sends call to CCM 3 and call gets failed.

I then created another voip dial-peer to CCM 2 server. the previous dial-peer (to CCM3) is set to preference 1 and 2nd voip dial peer to CCM2 is set to preference 2.

When call gets to the gw and it sends to the voip dial-peer to CCM3 and it now failover to the 2nd dial-peer to CCM2 and the IP Phone is rigning and call gets connected.

It seems like CCM3 didn't know how to set up the call to IP Phone when the phone is not registered to CCM3

Is this a bug? I don't think this should be happenning.

1 Reply 1

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You'll find your answer here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/trunks.html#wp1044864

Hope it helps, if it does please rate.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: