Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

For AP romaing in same subnet

Do with AP romaing in same subnet is possible, our client have four building, they are using 120 Wireless IPPhone using CME 7.x.

It is possible to have romaing with the four building with same subnet with CME 7.x setup.

Could please some one can light me more about this.

6 Replies 6

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Sure, you can have fast roaming between building on the same subnet. It depends on your wireless infrastructure and network design to how this will happen (controller vs. autonomous deployment).

In the following setup I have only AP no controller, it is possible to have roaming with AP alone inb the same subnet.

Please light me

For autonomous mode, yes. You need to configure WDS.

We dont have any Authentication server in our setup, it is possible to do romaing with Authenticate server.

Roaming will happen regardless. If you are using PSK then you really don't need to worry about fast roaming. The point of fast roaming is to reduce the amount of time it takes to reauthenticate. Since you wouldn't be passing credentials to a Radius server its not an issue.

WHen it comes to access point and wireless IPPhone PSK is importnat or even we can use wirless and AP without authencication.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: