Helpful
Replies

LMS integration

georgeef1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We need to know if there is any application that can be integrated with

CiscoWorks to help manage third party devices which do not support SNMP or any viable solution.

-Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, IP SLA has been around for a long time. It was first introduced in 11.2(18)P. It's undergone some name changes, though. It used to be called RTR (Round Trip Reporter). Then it was called SAA (Service Assurance Agent). Now it's IP SLA. Newer images require a feature set better than IPBASE, but it's quite ubiquitous in IOS.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no such application. Currently, LMS is for Cisco-only support, and relies heavily on SNMP.

HI jclarke,

Thanks for information.

We have third party devices for security alarms. They are just dumb to do any configs but only IP addresses.

Is there any Ciscoworks or Cisco's software with which we can check their operational status?

Thanks

If they reply to pings, you could set up IP SLA collectors using IPM to ping these devices. when the pings fail, you can configure IPM to configure the devices to send traps or syslog messages indicating that a timeout occurred. Other than that, I don't see any Cisco software being of use here.

Hi jclarke,

I believe this is the feature suggested to use (see below) correct? If so I don't think this would work for us. Do you have any other suggestions?

It seems that, the IP SLA is a feature only available in 12.3 or newer versions?

Thanks

Echo - 12.3(14)T

No, IP SLA has been around for a long time. It was first introduced in 11.2(18)P. It's undergone some name changes, though. It used to be called RTR (Round Trip Reporter). Then it was called SAA (Service Assurance Agent). Now it's IP SLA. Newer images require a feature set better than IPBASE, but it's quite ubiquitous in IOS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: