cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable VPN security

astamboulieh
Level 1
Level 1

I have two sites connected by RV082 routers through VPN.  The security settings are all default and it worked fine.  However, I have trouble with occasional files passing through the VPN (they get stuck permanently).  Also, I CONSTANTLY get disconnected when Remote Desktop-ing from one site to another with the error "Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end".

Is there any way to disable the security settings between the two routers, or configure them so as to not get these errors?  I am not very familiar with VPN security protocols, but I did not have these problems before, when our VPN was simply connected between two Windows 2003 RRAS servers.

Thanks for any help.

2 Replies 2

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately you cannot turn off the security on the routers.

I wanted to see if you had a chance to update the firmware on these routers.

Try this and if it does not work, then reply to this post and we can try something else

Have a great day :)

I did indeed update both routers to the very latest firmware, and the same problem continues.  I cannot connect reliably to computers behind the RV042 from behind the RV082 without constantly getting kicked off with that error message.  Any other thoughts?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: